If you are a California consumer, your privacy rights are different. Please click here to review additional privacy rights that you may have.
II. What Information Does HHG Collect?
In order to serve you better, HHG collects certain information including personal information that you provide to HHG when you visit the HHG Sites. The type of information that HHG collects depends on what you do when you visit.
A. Information That You Provide to Us
The personal information that HHG collects or may collect from you when you visit the HHG Sites includes:
- Contact details, such as your name, title, company/organization name, email address, telephone and fax numbers, and physical address;
- Billing and payment information such as billing addresses, credit card information, and bank account information you provide to us;
- Information about your company and job position if you apply for a job with us;
- Your preferences with respect to email marketing;
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or preferences;
- Your inquiries about and orders for our products and services, as well as information that assists us in identifying the best products and services for you;
- Feedback from you about our products and services, including our Websites; and
- Any other information that you choose to provide by:
- participation in any contest, sweepstakes, survey, or other promotional event;
- using the “contact us” pages;
- applying for a position with HHG; or
- corresponding with a representative of HHG.
Personal information is used to send order information, account information, marketing and promotional materials, and other information about HHG’s products and services. Personal contact information may also be used to get in touch with the customer when necessary.
In addition, from time to time, we may run contests, sweepstakes, drawings, or other promotional events in which we ask for your contact information, including your name, address, phone number, and email address. We may use contact data collected from these promotional events to send you information about HHG and its partners.
You may also provide us information about others including but not limited to providing personal information (including first and last name, mailing address and email addresses) to send products, gift cards, coupons, promotional offers, or referrals. Before providing us information about your contacts or other third parties, you must obtain their permission to provide their personal information, such as name, phone number, mailing address, and email address, to HHG.
You may opt out of receiving future mailings and communications. Just contact us as set forth below. You may continue to receive communications about your account or orders even after you opt out.
B. Information That We Collect Automatically
We also collect certain types of information through automated means whenever anyone accesses and uses the HHG Sites. Some of this information is stored in cookies (see the next section for a discussion of cookies). Examples of the information we may collect automatically include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using;
- your browser type, capabilities, and language;
- your operating system;
- the date and time you access the HHG Site;
- your browsing behavior, including the pages and products you view, and the links you click;
- location information; and
- the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Websites.
C. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory for record-keeping and other legitimate business purposes. Our websites may use them to track the number of times you have visited the website, to track the number of visitors to the Websites, to determine and analyze visitors’ use of our Websites, to store data that you provide (such as your preferences), and to store technical information related to your interactions with our Websites. We may also use session cookies, which are deleted when you close your browser, to store your user ID, to facilitate your movement around our Websites, and other information useful in administering the session.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, web beacons, entity tags, and HTML5 local storage, you can adjust the appropriate settings in your browser. You can adjust your Web browser to refuse all new cookies, to notify you whenever you are about to receive a new cookie, or to disable cookies completely. Please note, however, that rejection of cookies or other tracking technologies may affect the functionality of parts of the HHG Sites. Additional information about cookies may be found here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Your browser may transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you use or visit. We do not monitor or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Your location may be derived from your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. You may be able to adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us by (a) disabling Location Services or similar geolocation functions within the device settings; or (b) denying the website permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your computer, mobile device, or browser settings.
III. What Does HHG Do with the Information It Collects?
HHG DOES NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Services and transactions. We use personal data to deliver services or execute transactions you request, such as providing information about HHG products and services, processing orders, answering customer service requests, facilitating use of our Websites, and so forth. In order to offer you a more consistent experience in interacting with HHG, information collected by our HHG pages may be combined with information we collect by other means.
Website improvement. We may use data about you to improve our Websites (including our security measures) and related products or services, or to make our Websites easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information, or by customizing our Websites to your particular preference or interests.
Employment Applications. In connection with a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with data about yourself, including your educational background, résumé or curriculum vitae, references, disability status, veteran status, and other information, including your ethnicity where required or permitted by law. We may contact the third party references you provide in your job application or inquiry. We may use the information provided by you or the third-party references throughout HHG, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its joint ventures for the purpose of employment consideration. We may keep the information for future consideration unless you direct us not to do so.
We will not share your personal information with outside parties except as follows:
- To the HHG companies, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and business partners;
- To process and complete purchases, transactions and requests initiated or made by you, or otherwise fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, including but not limited to, posting to third party social media platforms, message boards, and forums;
- With vendors, suppliers, service providers, consultants, contractors, licensors, or other third parties that HHG uses to support its business, including service providers that perform web hosting, data cloud storage, website and/or mobile application development, and e-commerce functions including credit card processing;
- With contractors, service providers, and other third parties that HHG uses to perform employment-related activities such as background checks and employment verification;
- With third party service providers to deliver and improve certain content, services, and features of the HHG Sites, help us understand how the HHG Sites are used, to assist us in improving the content, operation, and functionality of the HHG Sites, and other legitimate business purposes;
- To allow third parties to link the HHG Sites to your social media accounts, websites, and applications to track your activity and collect certain information when you use the HHG Sites;
- To third parties in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of HHG (or subsidiary) assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by HHG about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- With marketing service providers to analyze, develop, and provide you with offers, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, special events and other offerings that may interest you;
- As reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, goodwill, and safety of HHG and its employees, partners, and affiliates;
- To anyone to whom you send communications through the HHG Sites, including any electronic gift card transactions;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide us the personal information;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
Please be advised, however, that we reserve the right to disclose any personal information we may have about you without your prior consent if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary, including:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of HHG, its employees, customers, partners, affiliates, or others.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal data without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
Also, HHG sometimes shares with third parties certain nonpersonal, summary information about the people who use our Websites. This information is not personally identifiable in any way and consists of facts such as the average number of visitors to our Website per day and the most popular sections of our Website.
IV. What Kind of Security Does HHG Use to Protect Your Privacy?
We know that when you provide us with any type of information, you’re trusting us to keep it safe from unauthorized intrusion. While no security measure can guarantee against compromise, our Websites have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
V. What Do You Need to Do to Protect Your Personal Information?
You have several options when deciding how you can best protect your personal information. One option is simply not to volunteer any personal information. This approach would prevent you from taking advantage of several of our Websites’ most useful features. Another option is to configure your Web browser to refuse all new cookies, to notify you whenever you are about to receive a new cookie, or to disable cookies completely. However, many parts of our Websites will not function properly if you do not allow cookies. Most importantly, keep your login credentials (username, password, and, if applicable, answers to any security questions) secure, and do not share them with anyone. If you think your login credentials have been compromised, please reset your password immediately. If you need assistance with resetting your password, please contact us as set forth below.
VI. How Can You Update or Correct the Personal Information on Record with Us?
We know that you want the information we have on record about you to be as complete and accurate as possible. We feel the same way, since maintaining accurate information is essential to our efforts to give you the best possible experience when you visit our Website. That’s why we encourage you to correct any information that might be outdated or otherwise invalid. It’s easy to make changes. Simply log into your account to edit your information, or contact us as set forth below.
VIII. Children’s Privacy
The HHG Sites are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about your child, please contact us as set forth below.
IX. Contact Information
Hawaiian Host Group, 500 Alakawa St., Ste. 111 Honolulu, Hawaii 96817 email@example.com, (808) 848-0500
X. Governing Law
Our online privacy practices are governed by the laws of the United States and Hawaii or, in the case of California residents, the laws of the United States and California. If you are accessing the HHG Websites from outside the United States your country may mandates a different privacy standard, in which case you should not share your personal information through the HHG Websites.